Social Change Leadership Academy
Previously called the Social Justice Academy
2023 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! If you’re interested in making the most of your summer, register soon. Space is limited!
Champlain College’s Social Change Leadership Academy offers motivated high school students the opportunity to dive deep into social innovation and global change. Our intensive residential program is where you will work directly with community leaders and change agents to identify persistent social problems and collaborate to develop potential strategies.
Our curriculum covers a range of global justice issues, including poverty, racism, climate change, and human rights violations. Students will collaborate to solve real world problems, acting as change agents through advocacy and activism.
This program is designed for:
- Students entering grades 10–12 and recent high school graduates
- Individuals who want to take immediate action on global issues, including climate change, poverty, racism, and human rights
- Students who are committed to social innovation by seeking creative new solutions for old problems through collaboration with like-minded peers and community leaders
Pre-College Summer Program Details
Social Change Leadership Academy
SESSION I – RESIDENTIAL
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THE SOCIAL Change Leadership ACADEMY
Get a Jump Start on College Education
In the Social Change Leadership pre-college summer program, students will:
- Affect positive social change through a self-designed project focused on civic education, advocacy, and activism
- Collaborate with other students on a culminating project that will delve into a pressing community issue
- Collaborate with community leaders and change agents throughout Burlington to address the persistent problems facing our communities
- Learn how to use social media and technology for social change
- Prepare for both college life, and a future career, as a change agent in your profession and in the community
- Build lasting friendships with like-minded peers who share your passion for making positive change
Learn From the Best
In this pre-college summer program, you’ll learn from Champlain College professors who teach in our social justice curriculum. Their expertise, experience, and community connections will help you learn how to put transformative change into action.
Program attendees will have a lot in common with their fellow students. By working together in the classroom, living together in the residence halls, and enjoying extracurricular activities, students form friendships that last far beyond the length of the Academy.
Experience World-Class Academics
In an ever-changing world, Champlian College is renowned for preparing future leaders in the most sought-after career fields and professions that today’s students are most passionate about. Explore our facilities, learn from our industry-expert faculty, and enjoy our beautiful campus.
Sample Daily Schedule
The daily program includes morning and afternoon instruction, and a combination of coursework and recreational activities in the evening. We’ll work through the weekend to take full advantage of our time together on campus.
|8:30 – 9:00 AM||Morning Meeting|
|9:15 – 12:15 PM||Classroom Instruction|
|12:15 – 2:00 PM||Lunch and Recreation|
|2:00 – 5:00 PM||Classrooms Instruction, group work and partner meetings|
|7:00 – 10:00 PM||Evening Lab . Recreation Activity|
Learn More About Pre-College Summer Programs at Champlain College
Fill out the form below to receive additional information about our programs through our mailing list. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com, or include them in your form submission, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.