Young Entrepreneurs Academy
2023 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! If you’re interested in making the most out of your summer, register soon. Space is limited!
Champlain College’s Young Entrepreneurs Academy introduces motivated high school students to all aspects of planning, financing and development of a business organization. Our intensive residential program allows students to learn about various business models and to develop and implement an effective business plan.
Our curriculum covers the incorporation process, managing e-commerce, project management, pitching ideas and proposals to potential investors, tracking revenues and expenses, and performing profit projections. Students will work in small, hands-on teams, acting as venture capitalists and engaging in analytics and decision-making.
This program is designed for:
- Students entering grades 10–12 and recent high school graduates
- Individuals interested in exploring the world of entrepreneurship and business enterprise
- Students with an affinity for math and analytics who want to learn about the financial aspects and personal risks and rewards of managing a start-up business
- Individuals interested in building their communication, networking, team-building, analytical, and presentation skills for college and beyond
Pre-College Summer Program Details
Young Entrepreneurs Academy
SESSION II – RESIDENTIAL
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THE YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS ACADEMY
Get a Jump Start on College Education
In the Young Entrepreneurs pre-college summer program, students will:
- Learn how to research and write a business plan
- Collaborate with other students on a culminating project that could lead to presenting to a venture capitalist for future funding
- Explore all sides of business ownership, including planning and financing, management, technology, HR, business ethics, and marketing
- Learn how to use the most effective tools to forecast needs, evaluate performance, find your audience, and manage sustainable growth
- Prepare for college life and a future career as an entrepreneur
- Make connections with other students who share a passion for exploring the world of business and entrepreneurship
Learn From the Best
In this pre-college summer program, you’ll learn from Champlain College professors who teach our Business and Entrepreneurship courses and have extensive expertise, experience, and professional connections.
Make New Friends
Program attendees will have a lot in common with their fellow students. By working together in the classroom, living together in the residence halls, and enjoying extracurricular activities, students form friendships that last far beyond the length of the Academy.
Experience World-Class Academics
In an ever-changing world, Champlain College is renowned for preparing future leaders in the most sought-after career fields and professions that today’s students are most passionate about. Explore our facilities, learn from our industry-expert faculty, and enjoy our beautiful campus.
Sample Daily Schedule
The daily program includes morning and afternoon instruction, and a combination of coursework and recreational activities in the evening. We’ll work through the weekend to take full advantage of our time together on campus.
|8:30 – 9:15 AM||Morning Meeting|
|9:15 – 12:15 PM||Classroom Instruction|
|12:15 – 2:00 PM||Lunch and Recreation|
|2:00 – 5:00 PM||Classroom Instruction, group work and individual project development|
|7:00 – 10:00 PM||Evening Lab / Recreation Activity|
Learn More About Pre-College Summer Programs at Champlain College
Fill out the form below to receive additional information about our programs through our mailing list. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or include them in your form submission, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.