Digital Media Production Academy
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2024 IS NOW OPEN!
If you’re interested in making the most out of your summer, register soon. Space is limited!Register Now
The Digital Media Production Academy is for rising high school sophomore, juniors, seniors and recent high school graduates interested in exploring the professional methods of visual storytelling used in the broadcast industry. Students learn hands-on skills in our state-of-the-art production stage, sound studio, and radio station while taking a deeper dive into media literacy and exploring the role of broadcast media in American culture.
By the end of the Digital Media Production pre-college program, students will have created news stories, personal video essays, podcasts, and a studio-based short program, and worked with professional livestream techniques. The program includes field trips to local media outlets such as television and radio stations, newspapers, and commercial production houses. The culmination of this experience will be the creation of an entertainment-style program featuring the work students created over the course of the Academy.
This program is designed for:
- Students entering grades 10–12 and recent high school graduates
- Students who want to learn the tools of video-storytelling in both the field and in a television studio
- Students who love to create videos interested in becoming a skilled communicators on multiple platforms including TV, web, and social media
Pre-College Summer Program Details
Digital Media Production Academy
Session II – Residential
Why You’ll Love the Digital Media Production Academy
Get a Jump Start on College Education
In the Digital Media Production pre-college summer program, students will:in
- Work with industry-standard camera and lighting equipment (Canon XA-10, Lowell Rifa Lighting kits)
- Get experience using industry-standard software such as the Adobe Creative Suite and the Tricaster mobile studio
- Learn visual storytelling, the techniques of visual composition, and storytelling with sound through a rigorous curriculum
- Practice preparing media for public and on-air presentation
- Explore media writing for multiple platforms
- Build confidence and gain real-world experience
- Get a head start on building their portfolio
Learn From the Best
In this pre-college summer program, digital media production will be taught by professors in Champlain College’s Broadcast Media Production courses. Sound design will be taught by instructors from our Sonic Arts courses. All of our professors have extensive industry expertise and professional connections in their respective fields.
Program attendees will have a lot in common with their fellow students. By working together in the classroom, living together in the residence halls, and enjoying extracurricular activities, students form friendships that last far beyond the length of the Academy.
Experience World-Class Academics
In an ever-changing world, Champlain College is renowned for preparing future leaders in the most sought-after career fields and professions that today’s students are most passionate about. Explore our facilities, learn from our industry-expert faculty, and enjoy our beautiful campus.
Sample Daily Schedule
The daily program will include morning and afternoon instruction, and a combination of instruction and recreational activities in the evenings. We’ll work right through the weekend to take full advantage of the time we have together!
|8:00 – 9:00 AM||Breakfast and Morning Meeting|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Field work (filming or production) or field trip to local media organization|
|12:00 – 2:00 PM||Lunch and Recreation|
|2:00 – 5:00 PM||Classroom Instruction|
|5:00 – 10:00 PM||Dinner and Recreation Activity|
|11:00 PM||Lights Out|
Learn More About Pre-College Summer Programs at Champlain College
Fill out the form below to receive additional information about our programs through our mailing list. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or include them in your form submission, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.