REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2024 IS NOW OPEN!
If you’re interested in making the most out of your summer, register soon. Space is limited!Register Now
The Animation Academy provides rigorous instruction for students interested in creating animations. Utilizing proven methodologies for animation learning, students will be exposed to the tools and techniques that professional animators use every day.
Throughout the Animation Academy, students will get a taste of what it is like to be an animator in the entertainment industry for films, television, and video games. Our project-based curriculum ensures that students leave the Animation Academy with a body of knowledge that enables them to continue their animation education.
This program is designed for:
- Students entering grades 10–12 and recent high school graduates
- Students who are considering studying animation in college and would like hands-on experience with industry-standard animation software
- Students looking to create animations for their portfolio
- Students who want to explore career pathways in this evolving field
Pre-College Summer Program Details
session II – Residential
Why You’ll Love the Animation Academy
Get a Jump Start on College Education
In the Animation Academy pre-college summer program, students will:
- Learn about the 12 principles of animation to create 2D and 3D animations
- Develop the technical and artistic balance required of professional animation
- Implement professional-level workflows with professional-grade equipment
- Experience what it is like to study animation in a college setting
- Professionally render and showcase their animations
- Build confidence and real-world experience
Learn From the Best
In this pre-college summer program, animation will be taught by Champlain College faculty, all of whom have significant industry expertise and extensive professional connections.
Make New Friends
Program attendees will have a lot in common with their fellow students. By working together in the classroom, living together in the residence halls, and enjoying extracurricular activities, students form friendships that last far beyond the length of the Academy.
Experience World-Class Academics
In an ever-changing world, Champlain College is renowned for preparing future leaders in the most sought-after career fields and professions that today’s students are most passionate about. Explore our facilities, learn from our industry-expert faculty, and enjoy our beautiful campus.
Sample Daily Schedule
The daily program will include morning and afternoon instruction, and a combination of instruction and recreational activities in the evenings. We’ll work right through the weekend to take full advantage of the time we have together!
|8:00 – 9:00 AM||Breakfast and Morning Meeting|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Animation Lab I|
|12:00 – 2:00 PM||Lunch and Recreation|
|2:00 – 5:00 PM||Animation Lab II|
|5:00 – 10:00 PM||Dinner and Evening Lab or Recreation Activity|
|11:00 PM||Lights Out|
Learn More About Pre-College Summer Programs at Champlain College
Fill out the form below to receive additional information about our programs through our mailing list. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com, or include them in your form submission, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.